How to find us?
Address: 3-7-18 Moto-Azabu; Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0046, JAPAN
Working holiday visa for Japanese nationals
Working Holiday Visa program allows young people of Japan to visit Lithuania primarily for a holiday for an extended period and also engage in employment as an incidental aspect of their holiday to supplement their travel funds.
Type of visa
If you satisfy the following criteria, you are entitled to apply for a free of charge multiple-entry national (D) visa valid for a period up to twelve (12) months.
Eligibility and criteria
- Be a national of Japan and reside in Japan at the time of the application.
- Intend primarily to holiday in Lithuania for a period up to one (1) year from the date of entry.
- Be aged between 18 and thirty 30 years, both inclusive at the time of application.
- Not be accompanied by the dependents unless those dependents are also in possession of the working holiday or other visa issued by Lithuania.
- Possess a valid passport of Japan and return travel ticket or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket.
- Possess reasonable funds for his or her maintenance during the period of initial stay in Lithuania.
- Intend to leave Lithuania at the end of his or her stay.
- Not have previously been issued a Lithuanian working holiday visa
- Be in good health.
- Have a sound background and no criminal record.
- Intend to comply with the laws and regulations in the territory of Lithuania during his or her stay.
Lodging an application
An application must be lodged to the Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania in Japan no more than three (3) months and not later than two (2) weeks before the departure. A prior appointment is a must and should be made by email [email protected]. When necessary, applicants will be interviewed to determine their eligibility.
- A valid Japanese passport (containing at least two (2) blank pages, issued within the previous ten (10) years, its period of validity must exceed the validity period of the requested visa by at least three (3) months).
- A visa application, filled in using Electronic Visa Application Form (a print-out of a fully completed and signed visa application will have to be submitted by an applicant to the Embassy during the scheduled appointment. Hand-filled applications are not accepted).
- One (1) recent passport photo 35×45 mm colourful, with white background.
- Valid medical insurance (covering the entire period of stay in Lithuania, also valid in all participant states of the Schengen Area. The amount of coverage must not be less than 30,000 Euros. It must guarantee payment of all emergency medical costs as well as expenditures which may arise in relation with a return to Japan due to health reasons, such as transportation, including the accompaniment of healthcare specialists).
- A document certifying that an applicant has sufficient funds and (or) receives a regular income required to live in the Republic of Lithuania (430 Euros per month).
- A return travel ticket or sufficient funds to purchase such a ticket (430 Euros).
- A criminal record certificate.
- A signed statement by an applicant that he or she is in good health and intends to comply with the laws and regulations in the territory of Lithuania during his or her stay.
Supporting documents, listed in paragraphs 4-8, must be in English or Lithuanian. Please submit a copy of your passports' data page. Supporting documents will not be returned. If there is a specific document that you wish to have returned to you, please submit a copy of it as well.
The Embassy is entitled to ask for additional documents supporting the data specified in a visa application.
Fingerprints of all applicants submitting applications for a visa will be captured and recorded.
Application processing time
Visa application processing time takes from five (5) to fifteen (15) calendar days from the date an applicant lodges his or her application and all other required documents to the Embassy.
- Lithuania will grant nationals of Japan, who receive Working Holiday visa, a permission to stay in Lithuania for up to one (1) year from the date of entry. They should not extend their stay beyond the period authorised, or alter their immigration status during their stay.
- Nationals of Japan are required to comply with the laws and regulations in force in the territory of Lithuania and not to engage in employment that is contrary to the purpose of Working Holiday Visa program.
- Participants may, subject to the relevant laws and regulations in force in the territory of Lithuania, enrol in short-term language and similar courses to learn the culture and general way of life in Lithuania.