- 2018-12-10 On 10 December, the Minister Linas Linkevičius and the Political Director Asta Skaisgirytė are participating in the EU Foreign Affairs Council meetings in Brussels
- 2018-12-10 On 10 December at 8:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is participating in the EU Foreign Ministers‘ meeting with the President of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Peter Maurer
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December at 10:00 a.m., the Minister Linas Linkevičius is attending a meeting at the Seimas
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Darius Skusevičius is participating in the 10th Assembly of the Eastern Partnership Civil Society Forum in Tbilisi
- 2018-12-11 On 11 December, the Vice-Minister Albinas Zananvičius is participating in the General Affairs Council (Art. 50) in Brussels
In New York, L. Linkevičius highlights the role of youth in achieving lasting peace
On 27 September, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania Linas Linkevičius attended a high-level side event “Engaging youth in mediation – a step towards lasting peace” of the UN General Assembly, which was organized by the Group of Friends of Mediation.
"In today‘s world, young people are best adapted to a changing environment and have a profound understanding of the challenges of globalization. Thus, the role of youth in mediation is irreplaceable," said Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister L. Linkevičius.
Since 2012, Lithuania has been a member of the Group of Friends of Mediation. The group aims at promoting a culture of mediation at national, regional and international levels; seeking to raise awareness of the need for and utility of mediation at all stages of the conflict continuum and with a view to preventing conflict; promoting the development of guidelines and/or a code of conduct for mediation.
In New York, L. Linkevičius also met with the President of the United Nations General Assembly María Fernanda Espinosa Garcés and the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Azerbaijan Elmar Mammadyarov.
Lithuania‘s Foreign Minister reminded the President of the UN General Assembly of the armed conflicts in eastern Ukraine and Transnistria, efforts to redraw state borders in Georgia, and emphasized the importance of keeping issues on the agenda of the United Nations. They discussed also other priorities of Lithuania on the UN agenda, such as human rights protection during armed conflicts, women's empowerment and gender equality, including equal pay for equal work, media freedom and the protection of journalists, and the rule of law in multilateral relations.
L. Linkevičius and the Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan discussed opportunities for strengthening bilateral relations, Azerbaijan's bid to host the World Expo 2025 in Baku.